If all women completed primary education, there would be 66% fewer maternal deaths.
- EFA report 2013/4. page 15
Afrodidact wants to be a project promoting a didactical and pedagogical school model and inspiring other schools anywhere in the world.
Basic principles of this model are:
- Equal opportunities to all children, with specific attention to children with special needs;
- Work towards life skills as creative and critical thinking, communication, respect, etc;
- Prepare for a sustainable society;
- Emancipating education;
- A safe, healthy and sustainable school environment and food practices;
- Effective health services in and for the school;
- Effective education on sustainable development for students and staff;
- Focus on diversity (against bias);
- Joint actions between school and community.
The Swallow (basic school in The Gambia) is the model school, where expeirments are still going on.
Afrodidact has as objectives:
- Contributing to the promotion and spreading out of this pedagogical method;
- To link and support professionals willing to work according this model;
- Collecting and dispatching information on good practices in education;
- Continuing optimization of practice and theory.